Thursday 20 June 2013

Bless me Father, for I have sinned.......


I don't profess to be a clean eating girl all the time. Some weeks not even most of the time.

What I am trying to do is figure out how to make this better.
I know what I should do and I know "if you don't prepare, you prepare to fail", but I HATE LEFT OVERS!!

And to me, that is exactly what pre preparing my meals feels like, right from the start.
I want something fresh, nothing that has been sitting there for a day or two days or even a week.

I hate defrosting things.

So how do I make this work and eat better?
I'm willing to take any advice anyone can give me.

Naturally I think I am lazy by nature.
I'm not motivated.


To work out like I do, I have had to teach myself, find something I like, to convince myself I am having fun.

But when it comes to cooking when I get home I just cant be arsed!
I want to cook amazing healthy meals, but after leaving the house at 7am and not getting home til 8pm I just don't want to.

I know I'm not getting the most out of my work outs cause I'm compromising on the way I fuel my body.

What I am doing is figuring things out as I go.
You don't have to do everything at once.

I have found a healthy alternative to breakfast.

Vanilla protein powder and frozen raspberries blended into a shake mmmmmm
I have found something quick and easy and that I LOVE to eat.

Now I need to work on lunch .....
Chicken on a rye wrap with some tabouleh, spinach and chilli is a start.

It is something I enjoy and something I can make on the spot and feel like its "fresh" every day.

Dinner seems to be where I fall down. BADLY!
Rye bread toasted with tomato, Spanish onion and baby spinach is my go to of choice.
Its not SO bad but I know I can do things better.

I make sure I supplement my training properly.
But that's cause its quick and easy.
Pre work out with creatine.
Intra work out with extra BCAAs mixed in
Post work out shake with more glutamine.


This is not to replace food, I love food.
These supps are assisting me in getting the right things into my body when I just don't like left overs.


If you guys are anything like me struggling with the eating but loving the training let me know how you do it!
Lets share recipes, ideas, things that are quick and tasty and that don't feel like left overs.

This is my confession.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were some good tips on LifeHacker (can't find the links now), for example:

    Prepare your veggies (and other things as appropriate) one day a week and store them in airtight containers. This one was really useful, and you can do the same veggies multiple ways, e.g. carrot and capsicum sticks for stir-fry; grated carrot and sliced capsicum for wraps. With good containers, the veggies will keep for at least a week; it's still nice and fresh and you're only cooking them when you need to.

    Prepare meals a day in advance. It feels less like left-overs since you get to eat different stuff each day, but you can wait to prepare food until after you've eaten so it feels less like a chore.

    In winter particularly, a slow cooker is your best friend. Turn it on when you leave in the morning (or even the night before) and dinner is ready whenever you get home. Works well for soups, curries, stews, silverside...

    ReplyDelete